When I say the word 'Mentor' who comes to mind for you?
There have been other mentors in my life such as my Mother, Father, my brother, uncles, aunts, school teachers, neighbours, friends and as I've gone through life also mentors who I have esteemed to on a professional level. Pretty much everyone we interact with could be classed as a mentor as we are learning from them (good or bad) .
Life is about learning, it's an experience we can't avoid until of course we are no longer on this earthly plane. What we take from life and the meanings we place on our experiences creates outcomes and further experiences depending on our beliefs about who we are and what we can achieve.
As we approach the end of one year and begin a new, it’s a great time to stop and reflect on your life and I invite you to do the same:
- Who has made the most positive impact in your life?
- What have you overcome with the help of others?
- Who are you eternally grateful to for the support, love and encouragement they have shown you?
- When in your life have you felt your best and who helped you to achieve this?
- What are the life experiences you have encountered which have made you the person you are today?
- Reflecting on your past who and what are you grateful for?
- Looking towards your future what would your current self say to your future self?
- Thinking about the rest of your life and knowing too, you are your own best mentor. What will you start doing, stop doing and do differently to make the rest of your life the best of your life?
We never know what path we will walk when we are born into this world and our experiences can make us or break us. The mentors in our lives help us, support us and encourage us and we too play a big hand in what we choose to do with their guidance.
Decide today if you are to be your very own personal mentor what is the first thing you will say to yourself? and the next, and the next and the next? What is the first action you will take? and the next and the next and the next? When you commit to yourself to make your past work for you so much can be gained.
For more information and support go to www.energyharmonyamnhome.com HELPING AND GUIDE you to find new ways of thinking, sharing transformational techniques, to release the past and create a future full of renewed confidence, self belief and love!